Titanic

Can't really remember how many times I have watched this film - Titanic, directed by James Cameron when it was released on December 1997. At least seven times in the theatre at that time I guess and indeed Im a Titanic buff. Well, this is one of the most wonderful films of the 20th Century that I have had watched which will never forget.

As I re-watched the film again after so many years later and I still transfixed with it eventhough it was not based on historical of the sinking ship, Titanic (the deadliest peacetime maritime disasters), many of the characters were not real and the fictional love story in the film, yet I love every details in it.

It brought me back to 1997 when I can remember how captivated I am to this film even now. It felt like you were on the ship, how you might have reacted had you been in that situation in time of crisis of live and death when the ship hit the iceberg on the starboard side and about to sink.

Despite the tragic love story of two different social classes of Rose Dewitt Bukater and Jack Dawson, there are many expatiates in the film shows everyone reacts differently in time of lives and death. Officer Murdoch turns his gun on himself after shooting two passengers who are rushing a lifeboat (took a pride and lack of integrity in the film - fictional), a third class mother attempting to sing her children to sleep (as being hopeless), gates locked which barred the third class passengers below the ship to stop them from taking a first class passenger's seat on a lifeboat (a different treatment of classes), Captain Smith enter the bridge and grasp the wheel as water crashes in, Titanic's band continue to play as the ship went under (by the way, Jonathan Evans Jones, the actor who portrayed Wallace Hartley in the film is a professional violinist).

It was a breathtaking when seeing the ship slowly go under the sea, people jumping off from the ship and a hundred freezing people screaming for help that never comes ... ...

In the end of the film, an old couple embracing in bed as water pours into their cabin. Found out that this old couple was non-fictional and in real life, they were both offered a place on lifeboat, but the old man chose to stay on the Titanic so long as there were women who remained on the ship. His wife refused to abandon her husband and said, "We have been living together for many years. Where you go, I go." The couple was last seen sitting on a pair of deck chairs (not lying in bed like in the film). I was totally being moved by this old couple (even there is no script for them in the film) for they have truly show "till death do them apart".


One thing amazed me about this film after so many years, in fact it was Director James Cameron did the sketch of Rose wearing the necklace. It is actually Cameron's hand, not Leonardo DiCaprio's in the movie. James Cameron also drew all of the pictures in Jack's sketchbook. That's impressive!

Movie Trailer:





MY HEART WILL GO ON
Celin Dion

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you,
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life well always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

You're here, theres nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

No comments:

Post a Comment